Saturday, July 23, 2005

Happy Saturday!

I have a confession. I am a procrastinator! I will procrastinate anything and everything. I am terrible at making commitment. But I know what I need to do to get myself back into shape.
I had major abdominal surgery last August and I have to admit that prior to the surgery I was looking pretty damn good (pats back). But after my surgery that went all to hell. My surgery was a complete abdominal hysterectomy. My recovery from my surgery was long and painful. During my surgery I lost almost half my bodies blood and everything the poor doctor touched inside me would bleed. He told me when he came to visit me in recovery that I was pretty much a mess inside. That I had so many scars and adhesions that it was like a huge spider web inside me. Literally everything bled. Which caused me even more pain because everything that he touched also bruised, etc. So, I was on some good drugs and spent the next 6 weeks recovering. They tell you there will be side effects from this surgery. And we all know that when you are having ALL of your female innards yanked that there is now nothing in there to produce your hormones so you get to start taking HRTs (Hormone Replacement Therapy). I am on my second type as the first one didn't work so great. One of the other side effects is weight gain. And Sisters let me tell you, I have gained! I have gained 25-30 lbs in less than a year!!! I feel huge, gross, unattractive, disgusted with myself, you name it. I am not happy with what I am anymore! I have completely lost my sex drive, which I think is due to all of the above. (My poor hubby, thank god he has hands).
I am so happy to be a part of this Sister-Friends offspring and hope I can give as much support to you all that I know you all will give to me.. Yay-Yay!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kat said....

Do you have a plan for how you're going to lose the weight? Is there something you have to do differently because of the HRT? Are you taking vitamins to counteract the effects of the HRT? Can you tell I know NOTHING about HRT? Are you enjoying all my questions? Want another question?

Ok...I'm done. I was starting to annoy myself!

7/23/2005 9:28 AM  
Blogger Kimmee & Krissteen said....

My plan for losing weight is to take it one day at a time. I will eat better and exercise more. I dont have to do anything special with the HRT and yes I take my vitamins. HRT basically replaces all of the hormones that your reproductive systems used to produce. And yes, I enjoy your questions and sure throw some more out at me, I aint going no where... except for my walk later this evening. BTW.. My massage therapist beat the crap outta me so I think after my walk I will be down for the count. I love her but FFS she digs deep into that tissue and brings it all out!

7/23/2005 3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Welcome to:
http://shrinkingyay-yays.blogspot.com

Yay-Yay Pages
  • Yay-Yays Home Page
  • Information Page
  • Yay-Yays' Yo-Yos
    Yay-Yays Recipes
    Available to Yay-Yays only
  • Our Recipes
    Shrinking Yay-Yays
  • Burfica
  • Butchy
  • Heather
  • Hippigirl
  • JC
  • Kami
  • Linda
  • Manic Mom
  • Mary Pat
  • Melody
  • Nickle Annie
  • Pryncess Kat
  • Queenie
  • Sandegaye
  • Sandi
  • Titanium Rose
    Past Posts

    Looking Back

    Inspired by

    Shrinkers

    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Who Links Here
    Hosting & Surfing Sites

    Powered by Blogger

    Get Firefox!


    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed
    under a
    Creative Commons License