Sunday, July 24, 2005

Body for life diet

I had a couple of questions on the body for life diet plan, so I will cover it a bit here. Basically body for life is a diet and exercise plan. You have three or four exercises you do each day and you do aerobics twice a week for twenty minutes. He is VERY specific about how you go about doing these exercises and it is really important to follow his advice about how to do them to the letter.
The meal portion of the plan involves eating six times a day from sensible foods. You basically have to have a protein serving and a carb serving at each meal. The purpose is to keep your blood sugar even and to feed all those muscles that you are building. I do the plan as a convenience thing, so I have a lean cuisine for dinner, a protein shake with fruit for breakfast, a salad with meat for lunch and some protein fortified fruit/yoghurt/cottage cheese/sugar free pudding or something for the in between meals. After the first few days, I basically have quit being hungry so on most days it is hard to get all the meals in. If I have a really busy day I will have a high protein bar for one of the meals.
My suggestion is to go to the library, check out the body for life book and look at the pictures on the front. These are people who won the twelve week challenge and it is amazing the results that they get in twelve weeks. I do it all at home with some dumb bells so I don't have to drag to the gym. So far so good. I started this in may, but started eating that way most of the time at the first of the year. I started out at 178 and am currently at 151. I think it would be less but I have built quite a bit of muscle that weighs more. It looks like more as I am working on getting buff. I will share before and during pics as I go along if I can get up the nerve. If you have questions let me know.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kat said....

"he" "his"...who are you talking about?

7/24/2005 5:32 PM  
Blogger Kimmee & Krissteen said....

lol, i think she is talking about some skinny little fucker that thinks he is "God" and now wants us all to be his slaves by eating all the food that he cant cuz he doesnt want to gain the weight so therefore we have to eat 6 meals a day to keep his skinny ass balanced out.. ya think? LOL

7/24/2005 6:50 PM  
Blogger Jean said....

Sorry,
He is the guy from the book, his name is Bill Phillips. He doesn't really appeal to me, but he is buff as all get out. I am one of those folks who needs a plan with a capital p. otherwise I cheat myself.

7/25/2005 2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Welcome to:
http://shrinkingyay-yays.blogspot.com