Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Still chuggin along

Hey all, wow, the posts on here have really slowed down. I hope it's cuz your all busy like me, and not cuz anybody is giving up. Come on ladies if I can do it, so can you. hehehehehe

I've still been working hard. It's a little hard finding exercise I can do without being in massive pain. We don't have water aerobics or swimming here. That helped me lots over the winter. Now I try and exercise best I can, but man with how heavy I am, and my health problems. If gravity is involved then it hurts. hehehehe

Wanted to share a recipe I made up and it actually turned out really good. I was watching the food network and they did this using bell pepper, tomato and pineapple. But ever since my gall-bladder got taken out, I can't stomach bell pepper, and I'm not fond of hot tomato, (except in spaghetti) So...anyhow what I did.
I put a sheet of tin foil out on a plate. I then took a boneless/very lean pork chop and set it in the center of foil. I seasoned both sides with season salt and garlic powder (you can use whatever seasoning you like) I put about a 1/2 inch thick slice of onion on top of the pork chop and two pineapple slices/rings. I then drizzled with terriyaki sauce and a little pineapple juice. Wrap the foil all around so it's in a little pouch, and we put it on the grill. I'm sure you can put it in the oven too. Depending on thickness of pork chop to how long you cook it. We let ours grill/steam for about a half hour. We put it on a plate and poured the juice over it. The pork chop came out fork tender. It was awesome. We just served with some more veggies.

Anyhow, I hope to see more of you posting and coming by again. I've missed reading about all of you.

Have a happy Tuesday everyone.

2 Comments:

Blogger sandegaye said....

Yum! Does that ever sound good. We could use that recipe on our camping trips as well.. so thanks!

I'm afraid that I've been so busy w/ packing this house up, that my walking time has been severely impeded. I know that'll change once I get moved up to TN tho..
I haven't even had time to check the scales lately.. but maybe that's a good thing. ;o)

8/31/2005 12:53 PM  
Blogger Kimmee & Krissteen said....

wtg Burfica! I am so proud of you and your sticking to your plan! Do you not have a YWCA or local Rec Center that has a pool you could go use?

Anyway, Yes it has slowed down and I apologize that I have not be around to post/comment much but life is nuts right now.

I hope to get back to normal in a couple weeks!

9/01/2005 8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Welcome to:
http://shrinkingyay-yays.blogspot.com