Monday, August 08, 2005

My "Before" Pic and other issues


Okay, here's my 'before' pic. It's awful, but my 8 year old daughter took it for me. Pardon the lack of support garments, but I managed to burn my boobies at the beach today and cannot stand to wear a bra. I can barely stand to wear the pj top, but it's loose and light and doesn't rub too much. I'd run topless, but since I have two teen boys and cannot restrict myself to my own room, that's out. I also weigh (oh lord, so much for the unlisted number) 232 pounds by my bathroom scale. I don't look it to most people, but my ass is getting its own zip code next week, so I need to get on the ball...literally. I'm buying one of those exercise balls and a mini trampoline for indoor exercise when the weather turns shitty. I'm taking daily walks with my daughter and using her jump rope, too. She doesn't mind, she gets to laugh at me trying to jump rope like a master second grader. I'm tired of not being able to run and play with my kids, huffing and puffing when I walk up a slight slope much less up the stairs to my bathroom, and of shopping in the plus sizes. I'm not foolish enough to think I'll ever get back to a sixe 13, but I'm gonna try like hell. My goal at this point is to be below 220 by Christmas. My fat and I have been friends for so long, I think the parting is going to be hard!

6 Comments:

Blogger sandegaye said....

Good for you! You have an excellent exercise program started. Jumping rope for 10 minutes is like walking for 1/2 hr.. very intense. Do the mini trampoline to some fast paced music & it's twice the fun.
My best to you..

8/09/2005 5:24 AM  
Blogger MP said....

Getting winded playing with the kids totally sucks. Looks like you have a plan, that is awesome!!

8/10/2005 6:26 AM  
Blogger Hippie girl said....

Way to go girlfriend I am soooo proud of you !!! It takes alot of guts to do what your doing!!! You keep going and when you start to get weak look at this picture . Believe it or not posting my picture is what keeps me going. I can't wait to post another one 20 lighter!! Wooooo Hoooo!!!!

8/10/2005 5:46 PM  
Blogger Kat said....

We need to create a Badge of Courage that we can give to the gals who post before pics of themselves...that takes a lot of courage. I'm impressed.

Sounds like you are on the right path towards a thinner healthier you!

8/10/2005 10:22 PM  
Blogger Kimmee & Krissteen said....

wtg, hats off to you for being brave enough to post your pic. I still haven't gotten up that much courage yet... *sigh*

I will tell you this. At my largest size, I was 225lbs. I went from 225 to 165 in about 8 months! If I can do it, you can too!

Keep positive thoughts and your goals will come to you without effort.

8/11/2005 2:42 PM  
Blogger Manic Mom said....

Wow! Thank you all! After reading about my mom's surgery, I'm not sure you'll feel that way, but still...

At any rate, I'm on the right track again! I know I can do this, it just isn't easy. I'm glad I have this to look forward to and for support. Thanks again!

8/13/2005 8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Welcome to:
http://shrinkingyay-yays.blogspot.com

Yay-Yay Pages
  • Yay-Yays Home Page
  • Information Page
  • Yay-Yays' Yo-Yos
    Yay-Yays Recipes
    Available to Yay-Yays only
  • Our Recipes
    Shrinking Yay-Yays
  • Burfica
  • Butchy
  • Heather
  • Hippigirl
  • JC
  • Kami
  • Linda
  • Manic Mom
  • Mary Pat
  • Melody
  • Nickle Annie
  • Pryncess Kat
  • Queenie
  • Sandegaye
  • Sandi
  • Titanium Rose
    Past Posts

    Looking Back

    Inspired by

    Shrinkers

    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Who Links Here
    Hosting & Surfing Sites

    Powered by Blogger

    Get Firefox!


    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed
    under a
    Creative Commons License