Thursday, August 04, 2005

Glad to be Shrinking...Yay-Yay!

I'm glad to be a part of this blog also! God knows, any one trying to lose weight or get healthier needs a place to vent and get support. I do not have a picture to post right now, but I'll have one by Monday. It'll be hideous, but it's the 'before' pic, right? It's supposed to be. For right now, I do have two tips that have helped me in the past and I am putting them to good use again:

1) exercise in small bursts throughout the day is as effective as workouts -- my friend Grasshopper and I always seem to accomplish more while we're on the phone together, so during our numerous phone calls each day, we prod the other into some kind of activity whether it's a ten minute call and ten minutes of jumproping or an hour's talk and half of it is spent walking in circles around the house. It may sound silly, but it works!

2) I buy hard candies of different flavors, including chocolate and constantly have one in my mouth. It gives me the flavor and sweet I crave, without all the fat. If I'm out and truly having a chocolate fit, I'll eat a dill pickle...kills the craving right away! True fact.

Good luck to all of you!

1 Comments:

Blogger sandegaye said....

Super tips! Thanks for sharing. My daughter recently lost 35# going lo-fat alone. And the popsicles & hard candies made it workable for her.

8/05/2005 5:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Welcome to:
http://shrinkingyay-yays.blogspot.com

Yay-Yay Pages
  • Yay-Yays Home Page
  • Information Page
  • Yay-Yays' Yo-Yos
    Yay-Yays Recipes
    Available to Yay-Yays only
  • Our Recipes
    Shrinking Yay-Yays
  • Burfica
  • Butchy
  • Heather
  • Hippigirl
  • JC
  • Kami
  • Linda
  • Manic Mom
  • Mary Pat
  • Melody
  • Nickle Annie
  • Pryncess Kat
  • Queenie
  • Sandegaye
  • Sandi
  • Titanium Rose
    Past Posts

    Looking Back

    Inspired by

    Shrinkers

    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Who Links Here
    Hosting & Surfing Sites

    Powered by Blogger

    Get Firefox!


    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed
    under a
    Creative Commons License