Tuesday, July 26, 2005

greetings from a fellow fatty

Morning all! =) I figured since one of my big goals right now is to lose weight that this would be a great way to help me keep to that goal. I'm currently 5'6" and at my last weigh in I was 269. My goal is to lose at least 75lbs, but more would obviously be better. I've been fairly big since I hit puberty, but about two years ago had managed to get within spitting distance of 200 lbs. I had been diagnosed with a liver disease and the treatment was either pills or a complete change in diet. I opted for the diet route and cut my fat intake back to under 30gms per day. Amazing what that will do for a body. But once I got my disease under control I went back to my old ways of eating and pounds just poured back on.

I have joined a local gym - Curves - and am trying to do that at least 3 times a week. I really like the atmosphere there and the philosophy behind it is very appealing. I just need to get off my lazy ass and go like I'm supposed to. =)

Anyway, thanks for having me here. I think it's great that we're all here supporting each other like this. It may very well make the difference for us and hopefully we'll all finally be successful.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kat said....

It's great that you're moving in the right direction! Yay you!

I've heard about Curves...do they have a pool? I'm really wanting a pool....I'll probably have to join the YWCA, I want to swim with fat old women...not Olympic-wannabes.

We're glad you joined us! The more the shrinkier! LOL

7/26/2005 8:13 AM  
Blogger Sandi said....

Here I just wish I had someone to go walking with. I HATE living in the middle of no where!!!

7/26/2005 10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home