Saturday, September 10, 2005

Campus Dieting 2

So, I'm still agonizing almost daily over what to eat on campus, but I've discovered a cute little eatery about two block's walk away, which gives me exercise before and after the meal, and offers really good healthy food. I only allow myself to eat there once a week, though to save $$. But, I'm trying to recreate some of there stuff at home. Things such as cold soups. I'm not sure how I missed these growing up, but I got a mini pita sandwich with grilled chicken, lettuce, radish, and other yummy veggies; a cup of cold cucmber soup; and a mini cup of strawberry soup the other day for like $4 and my drink (green tea) was free with the meal. They even sweetened it with some truly delicious cinnamon honey. I loved it. Now, my only problem is finding recipes and figuring out how to make these cold soups. They have a whole list of them. Some sound gross, but others sound really good. Any ideas? Or does this sound like 'not dieting'? I've lost two pounds since classes started and I'm starting to feel a slight loosening of my clothes. I think I'm off to a great start. What do you guys think? About the soups and all of it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Burfica said....

wow, sounds like you are keeping on track. If you find a recipe for those soups, be sure to post them. Only could soup I've ever had is clam bisque, and it was loaded with butter and cream. LOL So...I'm sure that's not healthy.

9/12/2005 10:08 AM  
Blogger Kimmee & Krissteen said....

Have you tried looking them up online? that is where i get almost all of the recipes that i dont create myself.. hehe... wtg and keep up the good work.

9/12/2005 7:48 PM  
Blogger Sandi said....

epicurious.com they have recipes for everything.

9/13/2005 8:15 AM  
Blogger Manic Mom said....

Well, I keep trying. Seems to be working. Now if I can just figure out how to operate my kitchen....

9/15/2005 3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Welcome to:
http://shrinkingyay-yays.blogspot.com