Saturday, October 01, 2005

A Cutting Issue

I'm not sure if this is just for people as large as me, but I'm having issues with the waists of my pants cutting into me. I've lost a few pounds, more inches than weight, but while I feel and notice it in my thighs and hips, my waist is still being dug into by my pants. Part of it is how short torso'd I am. There just isn't that much space between my chest and my waist. But, if I buy petite length pants, they're too short. I generally hunt around for those hip-hugger type pants, simply because they don't cut into my gut so much. I also wonder if there isn't something to it just from being older or from having my hysterectomy a few years ago. I'm just wondering if anyone else has this issue and what solutions you've found? Does it go away somewhat the more weight that comes off?

4 Comments:

Blogger Burfica said....

Elastic is my friend!! hehehehehe

After my two abdominal surgeries I can't wear anything but elastic waist. My sister who has lost 200 plus pounds says after you lose enough you can start wearing jeans and stuff again.

10/01/2005 10:16 PM  
Blogger MP said....

Burfica is right, you must get elastic pants until you are lucky enough to find the perfect pair of pants. FYI the ones I have on today are too big in the waist and tight in my thighs. Grrrr. My other ones are perfect in the thighs and hips but too loose at the top. If I get elastic then I end up w/ the waist fine but the thighs are too big..so is the belly. Could be your thighs are too skinny? :0)

10/03/2005 6:14 AM  
Blogger Kimmee & Krissteen said....

*sigh*

I have had four abdominal surgeries and find my "pouch" never going away. My waist isnt as much of a prob as my pouch is.. yeah I know.. sit ups, sit ups and more sit ups.. ugh

10/04/2005 9:41 AM  
Blogger Manic Mom said....

I love elastic! I just hate being so short-torsoed and stuff cutting into me. Doesn't help that my ass recently applied for, and was awarded, its own zip code. Grr! Do men have these issues?

10/11/2005 11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Welcome to:
http://shrinkingyay-yays.blogspot.com

Yay-Yay Pages
  • Yay-Yays Home Page
  • Information Page
  • Yay-Yays' Yo-Yos
    Yay-Yays Recipes
    Available to Yay-Yays only
  • Our Recipes
    Shrinking Yay-Yays
  • Burfica
  • Butchy
  • Heather
  • Hippigirl
  • JC
  • Kami
  • Linda
  • Manic Mom
  • Mary Pat
  • Melody
  • Nickle Annie
  • Pryncess Kat
  • Queenie
  • Sandegaye
  • Sandi
  • Titanium Rose
    Past Posts

    Looking Back

    Inspired by

    Shrinkers

    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Who Links Here
    Hosting & Surfing Sites

    Powered by Blogger

    Get Firefox!


    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed
    under a
    Creative Commons License