Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Summer learning

I can't begin to thank you all enough for you love and support and acceptance when I bared all to you earlier. That is the first time I have told anyone other than close family. So...it was nerve wracking.

Just wanted to tell you all a few things I have learned this summer. I came out here to get a jump start on the weight loss, so I could continue it at home. I have gotten better physically. I can walk and stand longer than I could for the past year. I have also cut my portions way way down. I used to eat a big breakfast then sorta munch almost all morning till lunch, then have a big lunch and a snack in the afternoon and a big dinner. Now I can feel totally full on a small bowl (with fat free milk) of cereal, or a half of a bagel with sugar free peanut butter and sugar free jelly. I don't eat until lunch. I then can get buy on one small sandwich, or a lunchable (I had one of those today, cuz it was easy) and if I need a snack I get some fat free ritz crackers with the peanut butter and sometimes jelly on them. I'm usually good till dinner. I have cut my portions back by more than half for dinner. And sometimes when I would usually get more food, I stop and wait for 15 minutes to a half hour. If I'm not "hungry" then I don't get any more. Yes and sometimes we indulge. We have a donut, or go out for taco's every once in a great while. I also drink around 75 to 90 oz of water a day. That does not include my coffee or the juice or a diet soda I may drink. That is just water alone. Sometimes I feel like I'm floating, but I know it's way way good to have my body hydrated.

I have also learned what kinds of stuff to buy, that I hadn't been buying already. And with some help from different people, I have learned some good vegetable alternatives, and fruits I can enjoy.

I'm on my way ladies. It's gonna be a LONG hard road, but I am determined to take it one step at a time. Sometimes I think about the big goal, and I feel so overwhelmed. So...I don't think that way anymore. Last I weighed I was 385, my goal is to be 350. Once there my goal will be to be 325, then 300. So on and so forth, and as I lose, I know I will feel better and be able to move more. I am so excited.

God Bless all of you ladies for stepping up and realizing what you need to do and doing it. I clap and hug and praise you all.

Happy Wednesday everyone.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kimmee & Krissteen said....

Good for you Burfica! I am so proud of you and your efforts. Coming out and opening up like this is a wonderful step for you and I am just so damn proud of you (can i pinch yer cheeks? lol). You are strong and an inspiration to all of us honey. Your "can do" attitude will get you to each and every one of your goals honey. Yay Yay!

7/27/2005 1:15 PM  
Blogger Sandi said....

Your courage and attitude inspires me!! Thank you for sharing and helping us all see that being determined will always pay off.
As Chris said Yay Yay!

7/28/2005 12:32 AM  
Blogger Burfica said....

awwww Chris!!! you can pinch all 4 of my cheeks if you want. I like my butt pinched. hehehehe

Honestly thanks girls I love ya all!!!!

7/28/2005 1:41 PM  
Blogger Kimmee & Krissteen said....

Aww.. thanks Burfica, but I will stick with the cheeks on yer face honey, i aint into pinchin chick butts.. hehe.. now DA he gots a nice pooper! lol

7/28/2005 4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Welcome to:
http://shrinkingyay-yays.blogspot.com