Thursday, October 13, 2005

Cooler Weather and Cold Weather Exercise Prep

Now that the weather is cooler, I'm finding it easier than ever to walk. I walk to my workstudy job and back instead of taking the bus. Unless I've forgotten my umbrella and it's pouring. And since I know it's only going to get colder (tis lovely Iowa winter soon upon me), I have been checking into finding ways to walk even when it's crappy out. For starters, trying to kill two birds with one stone (stopping smoking and weight loss), I now make stair laps between classes instead of going out to smoke. I get four ten minute breaks, not counting my lunch break, and I do as many trips up and down the stairs as I can without being late to class between. I've also decided to join the local mall mile club. There's all kinds of cool prizes and free stuff for joining, it's free, they keep track of my progress, it's inside, and it all goes on during times when the stores aren't open so I can't shop. You can even go while it's open for business, so long as one of the Club supervisors goes along to make sure you aren't just shopping. They're available nearly everyday during a variety of hours. Between that and my stair routine at school, I think this is a great winter weather plan. I know many malls offer such clubs free, so it could be worth some of you other Shrinking Yay Yays checking into.

2 Comments:

Blogger sandegaye said....

What a great workout plan!
I'm totally envious!

10/16/2005 10:25 AM  
Blogger Manic Mom said....

Don't be envious! Take the ball and run with it. Most malls or the like are open to the idea. Gets them a good reputation or something. Try to set one up in your neck of the woods.

11/03/2005 7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Welcome to:
http://shrinkingyay-yays.blogspot.com

Yay-Yay Pages
  • Yay-Yays Home Page
  • Information Page
  • Yay-Yays' Yo-Yos
    Yay-Yays Recipes
    Available to Yay-Yays only
  • Our Recipes
    Shrinking Yay-Yays
  • Burfica
  • Butchy
  • Heather
  • Hippigirl
  • JC
  • Kami
  • Linda
  • Manic Mom
  • Mary Pat
  • Melody
  • Nickle Annie
  • Pryncess Kat
  • Queenie
  • Sandegaye
  • Sandi
  • Titanium Rose
    Past Posts

    Looking Back

    Inspired by

    Shrinkers

    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Who Links Here
    Hosting & Surfing Sites

    Powered by Blogger

    Get Firefox!


    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed
    under a
    Creative Commons License